Almaguin Highlands Digital Collections

Results

We found
61
matching items
  • Magnetawan Post Office, circa 1920
        Black and white photograph of the old Magnetawan Post Office. Its a two story wooden building. There are steps leading up to the entrance and a deck on either side of the entrance. There's a woman in a dress standing on the deck at the entrance of the Post Office.
      Black and white photograph of the old Magnetawan Post Office. Its a ...
  • The Jail House, Magnetawan, circa 1940
        At the bottom of the photograph there are two written lines. The first line has, 'Jail Magnetawan,' handwritten in blue pencil. The second line has, 'SITUATED NEAR THE DOCKS BELOW THE ANGLICAN CHURCH WAS BUILT BY THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO - ONLY ONE DOOR,' is handwritten in blue ink.
      At the bottom of the photograph there are two written lines. The ...
  • Wooden Burk's Falls Lock, circa 1900
        Black and white photograph of an early wooden lock in Burk's Falls, on the Magnetawan River. There are open areas on the shore which features a few buildings. These buildings are likely farmhouses.
      Black and white photograph of an early wooden lock in Burk's Falls, ...
  • Maple Leaf School S. S. #7, Chetwynd Ontario, 1963
        The caption at the bottom of the picture reads 'Maple Leaf School SS #7 Chetwynd, Ontario. Picture taken in 1963.'
      The caption at the bottom of the picture reads 'Maple Leaf School ...
  • Joseph and Janie Nelson House, Magnetawan
        At the top of the page: "Miller Street. West side, Lot 17, access from Albert Street" At the bottom of the page: "This house was built in 1945-48 by Joseph and Janie Nelson. It is constructed of double board frame. Remodeling and landscaping has been done since Les Grasley and ...
      At the top of the page: "Miller Street. West side, Lot 17, ...
  • House on Miller street, Magnetawan, circa 1983
        At the top of the page: "Miller Street. East side, Lot 17, Plan 319" At the bottom of the page: "This half acre lot was obtained from the Crown on June 3, 1886 by William Elijah Kennedy. It was sold on June 23, 1893 to Margaret McArthur for $200, then ...
      At the top of the page: "Miller Street. East side, Lot 17, ...
  • McKnight House, Magnetawan, circa 1940
        On the Reverse of the page: "155 Sparks Street North, Lot 9. East side George McKnight built this house in 1913. Thelma Baird inherited the house and she rented to Mr. Paget at one time for the winter months. Mr. & Mrs. Allen Quick owned or rented the house in ...
      On the Reverse of the page: "155 Sparks Street North, Lot 9. ...
  • Dolly Osborne/McLaughlan House, Magnetawan
        20 Bay Street, south side Murray and Pearl Osborne lived in this house for many years. It was originally a two story with insul brick siding. Dolly Osborne McLachlan owned it and for a long time it was used only in the summers. The top floor was removed and a ...
      20 Bay Street, south side Murray and Pearl Osborne lived in this ...
  • Andrew Street, Part lot 12 or 13, Magnetawan
        Andrew Street, East side Part Lot 12 or 13, Access from Bay Street The former George Osborne house was sold to Ed Ross. The owner in 1998 is Wanda Lecuyer. The house was dismantled after years of no one living in it. A family by the name of Douglas once ...
      Andrew Street, East side Part Lot 12 or 13, Access from Bay ...
  • Bloomfield Church Group, circa 1910
        Handwritten on the back of the photograph: "Bloomfield Church Group." & "courtesy Andy Jenkins."
      Handwritten on the back of the photograph: "Bloomfield Church Group." & "courtesy ...
  • Old Industry Buildings, Newspaper Clipping
        Black and white newspaper clipping with picture of the old industry in Sundridge. The buildings in the image were formerly owned by George Kent of Pevensky.
      Black and white newspaper clipping with picture of the old industry in ...
  • Hamilton Family in front of Family Home, circa 1900
        On the back of the picture: "Hamilton Home - (Later Cronk)"
      On the back of the picture: "Hamilton Home - (Later Cronk)"
  • Residence of Mr. James Caldwell Bloomfield, Ontario, circa 1900
        Written on the front of the photograph:"Residence of Mr James Caldwell. Bloom field. Ont."
      Written on the front of the photograph:"Residence of Mr James Caldwell. Bloom ...
  • Cottrell Family Log Cabin, circa 1920
        Handwritten on the back of the photograph: "Early Pioneer Cottrell home", "#2" & "Cottrell home."
      Handwritten on the back of the photograph: "Early Pioneer Cottrell home", "#2" ...
  • South River Fall Fair, circa 1940
        Black and white photograph of the South River Fall Fair. In the middle of the picture is a man in a suit standing next to a man on crutches. In the background there are wooden buildings with people standing around. On the right is a black car.
      Black and white photograph of the South River Fall Fair. In the ...
  • Erven family, circa 1940
        Black and white photograph of a family standing in front of a house on the grass. In the front is a little girl. Behind her is a teenage girl, a woman, a man, an elderly woman and a young boy.
      Black and white photograph of a family standing in front of a ...
  • Man, woman and child
        Black and white photograph of a man, woman and young girl. There's a small animal on the right next to the girl. The animal could be a dog or a cat. The people are standing in front of a wooden building with a window on the left. They're standing on ...
      Black and white photograph of a man, woman and young girl. There's ...
  • Evangelical United Brethren Church Close-Up
        Black and white photograph of a group of people in front of a wooden church by a large window. There are two windows on the right side of the building. The people are wearing white and almost all of them are wearing hats. There's a stack of wood to the ...
      Black and white photograph of a group of people in front of ...
  • Evangelical United Brethren Church
        Black and white photograph of a group of people in front of a wooden church by a large window. There are two windows on the right side of the building. The people are wearing white and almost all of them are wearing hats. There's a stack of wood to the ...
      Black and white photograph of a group of people in front of ...
  • Royal Willard's at the Bridge, Dunchurch, circa 1925
        On the back of the photograph, "ROYAL WILLARDS AT THE NARROWS DUNCHURCH," is handwritten in black ink. The ink has become smudged.
      On the back of the photograph, "ROYAL WILLARDS AT THE NARROWS DUNCHURCH," ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
1990s1990199119921993199419951996199719981999
2000s2000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit