On December 11, 1949, Our Lady of the Snows Parish was opened in Stonecliffe. St. Narcissus Parish in Mackey was dismantled, and the Missions in Bissett Creek and Deux Rivières were visited monthly by Father J.K. O'Brien who was now based in Stonecliffe. The residents of Mackey were expected to drive to mass in Stonecliffe every Sunday.
The story goes that Father O'Brien once told his parishioners that he knelt in the snow and prayed that if he was successful in building the church in Stonecliffe he would call it Our Lady of the Snows.
The first Baptism in the church was Pat Charbonneau on December 11, 1949.
The First Wedding was Muriel Francoeur to Hiriam Conroy on June 12, 1950.
A new priests house was built next to the church.
This house was later demolished on December 21, 2005.