Trafalgar Township Hall, ca1940
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Trafalgar Township Hall, located on the south-east corner of Trafalgar Road (Seventh Line) and Dundas Street. It faced the Dundas Highway and it ran north/south along 7th Line (now known as Trafalgar Road).
This photograph was taken in about 1940. It is the first Hall, a newer one was built later in 1949. It was originally built as a store in 1847, when the Dundas Highway was heavily used as a travel route between Toronto and Dundas, Ontario.
Another photograph of the old hall is linked here for your further information. Also, a photograph of the newer building, which faced the intersection (or north-west) is linked here.
- The hamlet at this intersection was first called Post's Corners, then Postville.
- Trafalgar Township Hall
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.50011 Longitude: -79.78293
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Trafalgar Township Hall, ca1940
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton