Group Portrait of Three Cyclists, London, Ontario
- Mystery Question
- Do these three boys appear in the picture titled "Group portrait of holiday makers at Port Stanley, Ontario"?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Hood, John, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- An amusing studio posed portrait of three young men with bicycles and a small clothed monkey set against an idyllic outdoor background. The two young men on the right are similarly dressed with matching three piece suits with boutonnieres and dark brimmed hats while the young man on the left wears a cap and a dark jacket with lighter coloured striped pants.
- The photograph is card mounted with a metallic silver border.
The London Room Photograph Archives index lists the photographer as "J. Hood" although the usual photographer's stamp is not on the back of the photograph.
Photographer John Hood was active in London, Ontario from the 1880s until 1891 when he left to settle in British Columbia. He was in business with his brother Thomas at 202 Dundas Street, the location shown on the map.
- Handwritten in pencil on the reverse of the card mounted photograph: 3 boys & a monkey, London, Ontario
- Date of Original
- ca. 1886-1891
Width: 16.5 cm
Height: 11.2 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 14cm
Image Height: 9.8cm
- Local identifier
- J. Hood Photograph
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 42.9842690475378 Longitude: -81.2483178625488
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Ivey Family London Room, London Public Library, London, Ontario, Canada
- Reproduction Notes
- London Room Photograph Archives - PG F118
- London Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
251 Dundas Street
London, ON N6A 6H9