Marriage of Carol Hopper and Colin Anderson, 1950.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Carol and Colin married in Knox Sixteen Presbyterian Church on September 2, 1950. Carol's brother Dean, a trained tenor, was soloist. Her sister, Donna, was maid of honour and Hartley Anderson was groomsman. The couple lived in Oakville and 60 years later, still attend Knox Sixteen Church.
Carol was a bookkeeper by profession and worked for the Oakville Hays Farms Ltd.
- The ceremony was performed by Rev. C.D. Farris.
Although Carol was born in Toronto, her parents moved their family to Trafalgar Township when the children were still young to join their King family relatives. Carol's parents were Ettie (King) and Ern Hopper. Ettie was the 8th child of George and Mary Ann "Polly" (Helston) King who all also were members of the Knox Sixteen Presbyterian church congregation.
- Date Of Event
- September 2, 1950
- Personal Name(s)
- Carol Mary Hopper, b. May 14, 1927, Toronto, Ontario. Robert "Colin" Anderson, b. June 18, 1926, Milton, Ontario.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.43341 Longitude: -79.66631
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Marriage of Carol Hopper and Colin Anderson, 1950
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton