- Media Type
- Item Type
- Dutcher Cemetery is a small, inactive cemetery in the former Burford Township. It is located on the south side of Concession #9, west of Maple Ave.
Grave listing is as follows:
Name Last Name Range Grave Number Dutcher 1-1 Illegible 1 1 Mary Burtch Burtch 1 2 Elizabeth Bennit Bennit 1 3 Mary Miller Miller 1 4 Dutcher 2-1 Illegible 2 1 Dutcher Infant Child Dutcher 2 2 Mary Dutcher Dutcher 2 2 Wallace F. Dutcher Dutcher 2 2 Mary A. Dutcher Dutcher 2 2 Adah C. J. Dutcher Dutcher 2 2 Henry K. Dutcher Dutcher 2 2 Charles H. Dutcher Dutcher 2 2 Mary Ann Dutcher Dutcher 2 2 Mary Smith Smith 2 3 Dutcher 2-4 Illegible 2 4 Eliza Ann Smith Smith 2 5 Dutcher 2-6 Illegible 2 6 Sarah A. Dutcher Dutcher 3 1
- Inscription on plaque reads:
"The Dutcher Cemetery
In 1857 a group of worshippers named the Dutcherville Methodist Congregation purchased a half-acre on the north-east corner of lot 6, Concession 9. a cemetery was established here. Though the cemetery was primarily the Dutcher family burial ground, Smiths, Bowmans, Bennetts and Burtch also rest here. According to the remaining stones the earliest burial was September 28, 1833 and the latest was December 4, 1877.
The cemetery is no longer used and is maintained by Burford Township Cemetery Board.
This plaque erected by Burford Township Historical Society 1997"
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- Cemeteries of Brant County
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.0771936410382 Longitude: -80.4336010987091
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary