Harold Wickett, November 29, 1948
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative of Harold Wickett.
- Harold Hastings Wickett was born at Little Britain on 26 July 1904 and came to Whitby about 1931. He worked at General Motors in Oshawa for 38 years and from 1966-1971 he was Whitby's parking meter attendant.
Wickett was a member of Eastern Star Lodge No. 72 of the Independent Order of Oddfellows, serving as Noble Grand of the Lodge and District Deputy Grand Master in 1956. He was elected president of the Whitby Ratepayers' Association in 1949.
Wickett died at Oshawa General Hospital on 20 August 1974 and is buried at Mount Lawn Cemetery, Whitby.
- Date of Original
- 29 November 1948
Width: 3 in
Height: 5 in
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8798627932897 Longitude: -78.9421397143555
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Marjorie Ruddy
- Recommended Citation
- Harold Wickett, November 29, 1948, Marjorie Ruddy, Whitby Archives, 31-009-534.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from black and white large format negative.