Warren James Mowat, c. 1965
- Colorama Photos, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white photograph of Warren James Mowat.
- Warren James Mowat (1914-2008) was born at Whitby on September 10, 1914, and since 1945, operated an insurance business in Whitby. He was a member of the Whitby Fire Department from 1943-1974, was Chief from 1967-1969, and Deputy Chief from 1969-1974. He served on the Town Council from 1943-1945, was Deputy Reeve from 1960-61 and Mayor from 1964-1965. A new fire hall was built during his term as Mayor and he served on the Secondary School Board, Whitby Hospital Board, and St. John Ambulance. In 1946, he served on Whitby's first planning board. In his later years Mr. Mowat moved to Huntsville, Ontario. He died at Huntsville on March 20, 2008 and is buried in Groveside Cemetery, Brooklin.
- Date of Original
Width: 8 in
Height: 10 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Warren James Mowat
- Corporate Name(s)
- Town of Whitby ; Whitby Fire Department
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8787491892776 Longitude: -78.9419251376343
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Colorama Photos
- Recommended Citation
- Warren James Mowat, c. 1965, Colorama Photos. Whitby Archives 31-002-067.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from original photograph