Charles Stafford, c.1974
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photographic print of Charles Stafford.
- Charles Wesley Stafford was born at Toronto on 12 April 1898. He was a veteran of the First and Second World Wars. In 1946, along with his brother Ernest, he started a monument works on Dundas Street, east of Ash Street.
Stafford was instrumental in starting the St. John Ambulance Brigade in Whitby in 1954 and was named a serving brother in the order in 1965. In 1958, he was awarded Whitby's Peter Perry Award. He was a member of the Rotary Club, Legion, and Masonic Lodge.
Stafford died at Oshawa on 27 March 1981 and is buried at Union Cemetery.
- Date of Original
Width: 8 in
Height: 10 in
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8798937264374 Longitude: -78.9421397143555
- John Visser
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation
- Charles Stafford, c.1974, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 31-009-546.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from print.