Waterloo Park Grandstand and Racing Oval
- Media Type
- Item Type
- View of the oval racing track (bicycles, motorcycles, dogs), sports field, the grandstand and a few people on bicycles in Waterloo Park. To the left can be seen Silver Lake.
- The covered grandstand was built by Alois Bauer in 1894 and accomodated spectators for local sports events, bicycle, motorcycle and dog races. The grandstand was sold to the Town in 1920 by the Waterloo Grandstand Company. It was demolished in 1953.
- Local identifier
- Local History Slide Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Waterloo Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
35 Albert Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 5E2