B. 1877 D. 1964
Married - Rose Winter
David Bean Jr., born in 1877, grew up amid the newspaper and publishing business. As a young lad, he worked in his father’s Waterloo Chronicle office and printing plant, and became very interested in the newspaper business. He married a young lady named Rose Winter. In 1898, David Jr. seized the opportunity to purchase the Daily Telegraph newspaper in Berlin. For thirty years or so, he operated the publishing business successfully. However, in 1927, he sold the business to the Kitchener-Waterloo Record.
1. Marg Rowell, Ed Devitt and Pat McKegney, Welcome to Waterloo
2. Waterloo Mt. Hope Cemetery Records
3. Berlin, Celebration of Cityhood, 1912
- Little, Ellis, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a handwritten biography of David Bean Jr. from the Ellis Little Papers. This biography has been transcribed exactly as written. Ellis Little was a local historian, who was the principal of Elizabeth Ziegler Public School. On his retirement, he invested much of his time in researching and writing about Waterloo's history. The Ellis Little Papers consist of extensive notes, papers and historical works.
- Please scroll to the bottom of the page to see the transcribed text. To see the original document, please visit the Ellis Little Local History Room at the Main Branch of the Waterloo Public Library.
- Date Of Event
- Personal Name(s)
- Bean, David Jr. ; Winter, Rose
- Local identifier
- ELP 51.11 and ELP 63.41.8
- Ellis Little Papers: Men and Women of Our Past
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- Ellis Little Papers
- Waterloo Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
35 Albert Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 5E2
- Full Text
B. 1877 D. 1964