B.: c1859 D.:1897
Married - Mary Ball
Frank Bauer was born c 1859 and helped his father in the carpentry business. He married a girl by the name of Mary Ball. When Louis Kuntz, owner of L. Kuntz Park Brewery died in 1891, his family were too young to take on responsibility in the firm. Frank was appointed manager of the brewery but died suddenly in 1897 at age thirty-six. His brother, Aloyes, who had married Louis’ sister Magdalena (Lena) was given the brewery manager’s job, a position he held until his death in 1925.
1. Census Figures, Town of Waterloo, 1881
2. Waterloo County, Ontario, Canada, A Record of a Century of Progess, Daly Telegraph August, 1914
3. Middleton and London, "Frank Bauer", Province of Ontario, a History 1615-1927
4. Ellis Little, "Upheaval in Uptown Waterloo", Waterloo Historical Society, Vol 81, 1993
5. The Art and Mystery of Brewing in Ontario, Ian Bowering
- Little, Ellis, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a handwritten biography of Frank Bauer from the Ellis Little Papers. This biography has been transcribed exactly as written. Ellis Little was a local historian, who was the principal of Elizabeth Ziegler Public School. On his retirement, he invested much of his time in researching and writing about Waterloo's history. The Ellis Little Papers consist of extensive notes, papers and historical works.
- Please scroll to the bottom of the page to see the transcribed text. To see the original document, please visit the Ellis Little Local History Room at the Main Branch of the Waterloo Public Library.
- Date Of Event
- Personal Name(s)
- Bauer, Frank ; Ball, Mary ; Bauer, Mary ; Kuntz, Louis ; Bauer, Aloyes
- Corporate Name(s)
- L. Kuntz Park Brewery
- Local identifier
- ELP 51.7 and ELP 63.41.4
- Ellis Little Papers: Men and Women of Our Past
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- Ellis Little Papers
- Waterloo Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
35 Albert Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 5E2
- Full Text
B.: c1859 D.:1897