- Kitchener Waterloo Record, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Unidentified, all female marching band getting ready to march in parade. Possibly Waterloo Band Festival.
- In 1932, the Waterloo Band Festival was organized by Charles F. Thiele to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the Waterloo Musical Society. The festival became an annual event at Waterloo Park from 1932 to 1940 and again from 1946 to 1958, known as Canada's premiere band festival. At times 70 bands from Ontario, Quebec, Wisconsin, Michigan, and (one year) Kamloops, BC, appeared in concerts and parades. Over the years more than 1000 contestants participated in 100 instrumental competitions.
- Handwritten on reverse; "1950"
- Date of Original
Width: 25 cm
Height: 20 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 25cm
Image Height: 20cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Dana Porter Library, University of Waterloo
- Waterloo Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
35 Albert Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 5E2