- David L. Hunsberger, St. Jacobs, Ontario, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Accordion band playing on stage. Advertising sign visible in background reads "Waddingtons Accordions for Everybody 18 John St. W. Hamilton". Photo was possibly taken at the Waterloo Band Festival.
- The Waterloo Band Festival was organized by Charles F. Thiele in 1932 in celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the Waterloo Musical Society. The festival became an annual event at Waterloo Park from 1932 to 1940 and again from 1946 to 1958, known as Canada's premiere band festival. At times 70 bands from Ontario, Quebec, Wisconsin, Michigan, and (one year) Kamloops, BC, appeared in concerts and parades, and over the years more than 1000 contestants participated in 100 instrumental competitions.
- Date of Original
- 23 June 1950
Width: 25 cm
Height: 20 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 25cm
Image Height: 20cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.23341 Longitude: -79.94964
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Waterloo Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
35 Albert Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 5E2