First Schoolhouse, Waterloo, Ontario
Description
- Media Type
- Image
- Item Type
- Photographs
- Description
- Exterior of first school building used in Waterloo, built in 1820. Note the historical plaque pertaining to Abraham Erb in the foreground.
- Notes
- After 1842 building was moved to King Street West near Kitchener-Waterloo Collegiate & Vocational School (KCI), where the family of Levi and Margaret Carroll lived in it until Margaret's death in 1891. The Waterloo Park Board purchased it in 1894, moved it to Waterloo Park where it was restored.
- Date of Original
- [ca. 1975]
- Date Of Event
- [ca. 1975]
- Dimensions
-
Width: 9 cm
Height: 9 cm
- Image Dimensions
-
Image Width: 9cm
Image Height: 9cm
- Subject(s)
- Local identifier
- P135 & Local History Slide Collection
- Language of Item
- English
- Geographic Coverage
-
-
Ontario, Canada
Latitude: 43.467949 Longitude: -80.529163
-
- Copyright Statement
- Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Contact
- Waterloo Public LibraryEmail:askus@wpl.ca
Website:
Agency street/mail address:35 Albert Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 5E2