Snyder Brothers Upholstering Company Limited, Waterloo, Ontario
Description
- Creator
- Legg Brothers Engineering Company, Illustrator
- Media Type
- Image
- Item Type
- Drawings
- Description
- Drawing of the exterior of the manufacturing plant at 97-101 King Street south. Note the horse drawn wagon, early model automobile and electric street car.
- Notes
- Company began as Snyder, Roos Upholstering Company in 1885 on King Street just south of Erb Street. In 1903 the founders, Herbert M. Snyder and his brother Alfred H., and their two sisters and Henry W. Roos formed Snyder Brothers Upholstering Company Limited. Plant at 97-101 King Street South was opened in 1908. Snyder's purchased Snider Furniture Company just down the street at 129 King Street south in 1916. The company moved to a new factory on Weber Street in Waterloo in 1960 and this building was demolished and became part of the site of Waterloo Town Square. In 1966 James C. Snyder acquired the upholstering part of the company and called it James C. Snyder Limited with operations in Kitchener. That company closed in 2004.
- Date of Original
- [ca. 1912]
- Date Of Event
- [ca. 1912]
- Dimensions
-
Width: 13 cm
Height: 13 cm
- Image Dimensions
-
Image Width: 9cm
Image Height: 13cm
- Subject(s)
- Local identifier
- P 52; A-6-12; H-7-8
- Language of Item
- English
- Geographic Coverage
-
-
Ontario, Canada
Latitude: 43.462514 Longitude: -80.522082
-
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Contact
- Waterloo Public LibraryEmail:askus@wpl.ca
Website:
Agency street/mail address:35 Albert Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 5E2