John Forsyth Company Limited, Waterloo, Ontario
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Exterior of the building located at Albert and Dupont Streets (former Market Hotel) used to manufacture shirts, underwear and pajamas by the John Forsyth company. Building converted to living space in the 1990s.
- Company started in 1903 as a distributor of pins, thread, buttons, celluloid collars and other items, then began selling shirts and ties as well as other clothing items and purchased the Star Whitewear building at Duke and Young streets in Kitchener in 1908.
In 1914 it purchased the William Kress Company on King Street south, and in 1916 bought the former Market Hotel, constructed in 1855 at Albert and Dupont Streets, to make pajamas and underwear.
Company sold in 1973. This factory was closed in 1996 and production moved to Cambridge.
Converted to living space in the 1990s.
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
Width: 13 cm
Height: 9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13cm
Image Height: 9cm
- Local identifier
- 831 002
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.466025 Longitude: -80.523434
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Waterloo Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
35 Albert Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 5E2