Facts About St. Marys
- F.G. Sanderson
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The back side of an envelope where "Facts About St. Marys" were relayed to the reader.
- The front side of the envelope gives the true purpose of the mailing - A Firemen's Convention and Demonstration would be taking place in St. Marys on August 5th, 6th and 7th in 1912.
- FACTS ABOUT ST. MARYS
The Prettiest Town in Western Ontario.
It is the Solidest Town in Canada - built on the rock.
It has two lines of railways, the G. T. R. and C. P. R.
It has six first-class licensed hotels with the best accommodations of any town its size.
It has one of the best Collegiate Institutes in Ontario.
It has over twenty miles of cement walks.
It has a two mile stretch of water for boating.
It has the prettiest and best bridges in Ontario.
It has a first-class Waterworks System run by Hydro Power from Artesian Wells.
It has one of the largest and best Cold Storage plants in Ontario.
It has the most modern Portland Cement Plant in Canada, manufacturing cement from limesteon, capacity fourteen hundred barrels per day and using twelve hundred Hydro Electric H. P.
It has two large Stone Quarries which can furnish the best stone for building and road-making.
It has the only Pin Factory in Canada.
It has a Wood Specialty Co., manufacturing more Hockey Sticks and Baseball Bats than any factory in Canada.
It has the Richardson Factory who are the Sole Manufacturers of Improved Dairy Machinery in Canada and exports to all parts of the world.
IT has the large Maxwell works manufacturing all kinds of Agricultural machinery and the easiest run lag mower in Canada.
It has a Box Factory and Planing Mills, etc.
St. Marys is the largest user of Hydro Electric Power in Ontario with the exception of the city of Toronto.
Finally Come to the Demonstration. The Town will be yours while here.
F.G. Sanderson, Mayor.
- Date of Original
- Postmarked July 3, 1912
Width: 15 cm
Height: 9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 15cm
Image Height: 9cm
- Local identifier
- O'Rourke Postcard Album
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.25009 Longitude: -81.13304
- Jane (O'Rourke) Peters
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright expired. Permission of the St. Marys Museum required for print or electronic publication.
- Recommended Citation
- O'Rourke Postcard Album. "Facts About St. Marys." St. Marys Museum, 033pc-OA-a.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
- St. Marys MuseumEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.