Niagara Falls, New York, From Roof of Shredded Wheat Company's Factory
- Milton W. Reesor, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is an image of Niagara Falls, New York, from the roof of Shredded Wheat Company's factory.
The production of Shredded Wheat in Niagara Falls, New York, began in 1901 and lasted almost a century. The company was renamed the Shredded Wheat Company in 1908, the same year a plant opened in Niagara Falls, Ontario. The original factory used for production in Niagara Falls, New York, was referred to as "The Palace of Light." A new plant replaced it in the 1920s. The production of Shredded Wheat in Niagara Falls, New York, ended in 1992.
This photo belongs to the Reesor Collection, which is a group of photos taken by Milton W. Reesor, a local amateur photographer. He took many photos of friends, family, animals, outdoor activities, machinery, the railway, and more in and around St. Marys from 1898-1910.
- "NIAGARA FALLS N.Y. FROM ROOF OF SHREDDED / WHEAT CO'S FACTORY"
- Local identifier
- Reesor Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
New York, United States
Latitude: 43.0825825737121 Longitude: -79.0560340833282
- Dan O'Toole
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Reesor Collection. "Niagara Falls, New York, From Roof of Shredded Wheat Company's Factory." St. Marys Museum, reesor250.
- Location of Original
- St. Marys Museum Archives
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
- St. Marys MuseumEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.