American Falls in Niagara
- Milton W. Reesor, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is an image of the American Falls in Niagara Falls. There is lots of mist spraying upwards from the force of the water falling below.
Niagara Falls consists of three waterfalls that straddle the Canada-United States International Border, spanning between Niagara Falls, Ontario, and Niagara Falls, New York. The Canadian Falls, or Horseshoe Falls, are the largest. The Bridal Veil Falls are the smallest, and they are separated from the Canadian Falls by Goat Island, and the American Falls by Luna Island. The Niagara River flows over these falls, draining water from the four upper Great Lakes (Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, Lake Erie) into Lake Ontario, then along the St. Lawrence River to the Atlantic Ocean. Some of the power from the forceful waterflow is harnessed as a source of hydroelectric power.
This photo belongs to the Reesor Collection, which is a group of photos taken by Milton W. Reesor, a local amateur photographer. He took many photos of friends, family, animals, outdoor activities, machinery, the railway, and more in and around St. Marys from 1898-1910.
- "AMERICAN FALLS. NIAGARA."
- Local identifier
- Reesor Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
New York, United States
Latitude: 43.0846590836826 Longitude: -79.0703570794678
- Dan O'Toole
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Reesor Collection. "American Falls in Niagara." St. Marys Museum, reesor245.
- Location of Original
- St. Marys Museum Archives
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
- St. Marys MuseumEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.