On a Sunday Afternoon at Belle Isle, Detroit
- Milton W. Reesor, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is an image of people canoeing along a waterway at Belle Isle in Detroit. There are many trees along the shoreline on both sides of this waterway, and many people are standing or sitting on the grass or on benches along the edge of the water. There is a bridge crossing the waterway with a gazebo on top of it.
The Belle Isle is an almost 1000-acre island park with many different activities and attractions. It is located on an island in the Detroit River, just north of the Canada - United States border.
This photo belongs to the Reesor Collection, which is a group of photos taken by Milton W. Reesor, a local amateur photographer. He took many photos of friends, family, animals, outdoor activities, machinery, the railway, and more in and around St. Marys from 1898-1910.
- Local identifier
- Reesor Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Michigan, United States
Latitude: 42.3366457259424 Longitude: -82.9946857077789
- Dan O'Toole
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Reesor Collection. "On a Sunday Afternoon at Belle Isle, Detroit." St. Marys Museum, reesor241.
- Location of Original
- St. Marys Museum Archives
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
- St. Marys MuseumEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.