Isabelle Chesterfield in Her Military Uniform
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is an image of Isabelle Chesterfield standing on a balcony at her family house located at 36 Ontario St. N. She is wearing her military uniform.
Isabelle Florence Chesterfield was the youngest child and daughter of James Allen Chesterfield and Annie Wilson. She joined Canadian Women's Army Corps (CWAC) in November of 1941 and was one of 57 women who graduated the program in September 1942. This made her a Second Lieutenant at Corps Training Centre, though she was later promoted to Captain. Isabelle served for nearly 10 years, including some time spent overseas.
More biographical information on Isabelle Chesterfield and her family is available at the St. Marys Museum.
- "Spring 1941"
- Date of Original
- Spring 1941
- Personal Name(s)
- Chesterfield, Isabelle
- Local identifier
- Michael Kennedy Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2597499850836 Longitude: -81.1486933718109
- Michael Kennedy
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Michael Kennedy Collection. “Isabelle Chesterfield in Her Military Uniform.” St. Marys Museum, Kennedy046.
- Location of Original
- St. Marys Museum Archives
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
- St. Marys MuseumEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.