Isabelle and Fiancé William Outside Chesterfield House
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is an image of William Walter and Isabelle Chesterfield at the Chesterfield house at 36 Ontario St. N. Isabelle is dressed up and William appears to be wearing a military uniform.
William Alexander Walter, a member of the Canadian Military, was Isabelle's first fiancé but was missing and presumed dead at Dieppe on August 19th, 1942.
Isabelle Florence Chesterfield was the youngest child and daughter of James Allen Chesterfield and Annie Wilson. The Chesterfield family lived at 36 Ontario St. N., in St. Marys for many years. Isabelle later married Charles Kennedy.
More biographical information on William Walter, and Isabelle Chesterfield and her family is available at the St. Marys Museum.
- "Spring 1940"
- Date of Original
- Spring 1940
- Personal Name(s)
- William Walter ; Isabelle Chesterfield
- Local identifier
- Michael Kennedy Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2597490084184 Longitude: -81.1486987362289
- Michael Kennedy
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Michael Kennedy Collection. “Isabelle and Fiancé William Outside Chesterfield House.” St. Marys Museum, Kennedy036.
- Location of Original
- St. Marys Museum Archives
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
- St. Marys MuseumEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.