Family Playing in River with Train and Station in Background
- Mystery Question
- Who is playing in the river?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A family plays in the Thames River with a train and C.P.R. station in the background. The old C.P.R. station was located on Water Street along what is now the Riverview Walkway. The station was built in 1913 and was complete with ticket and freight offices, waiting rooms and telegraph service. It was built for the Canadian Pacific Railroad, which was heavily used by the stone quarries and flour mill in St. Marys. The station was torn down in 1980, and the Canadian Pacific Railroad line was transformed into the Riverview Walkway.
- Condition: Some dust specks, but otherwise good condition.
Width: 4980 px
Height: 2717 px
- Local identifier
- St. Marys Museum Photo Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2572906924255 Longitude: -81.1442677269363
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- "Family Playing in River with Train and Station" St. Marys Museum, 3097ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
- St. Marys MuseumEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.