7th Fusiliers, Carleton Place, Ontario
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Card mounted non-glossy print of seven members of the 7th Fusiliers. A number has been handwritten on each person in the photograph to identify them. The numbers with corresponding names can be seen to the left of the photograph. There is a photographer's imprint as well as handwritten inscriptions.
- This photograph was taken in Carleton Place during the 7th Fusiliers' trip from London to Clark's Crossing, N.W.T. in 1885.
A detailed account of this trip can be found in "The 7th Fusiliers' Trip from London, Ontario to Clark's Crossing, N.W.T." by Richard Byrne. Published in 1888.
- Beneath photograph - Darragh London
Beneath photograph - Presented to London & Middlesex Historical Society by Mr. W.C. Butler
Left of photograph - 1 Capt. Frank Peters 2 Major Wm. M. Gartshore 3 Capn Geo. M. Reid 4 Capt Frank Butler 5 Lieut. J.K.H. Pope 6 Lieut. Alfred Jones 7 Lieut. A.G. Chisholm
Left bottom - This Photo was taken April 8th, 1885 at Carlton [sic] Place while waiting for the train to take us to First Gap. Wm D. Mills Secty. 7th Fusiliers K.W.F.F. 1885.
- Date of Original
- April 8, 1885
Width: 28.5 cm
Height: 21.1 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 7.8cm
Image Height: 11.4cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.13341 Longitude: -76.14938
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Ivey Family London Room, London Public Library, London, Ontario, Canada
- Reproduction Notes
- London Room Photograph Archives - PG E10
- London Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
251 Dundas Street
London, ON N6A 6H9