Royal Visit, 1939 - Royal Escort Equipment Arrives in London, Ontario
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white print showing a Canadian Pacific train car with two open doors. Several policemen are exiting down a ramp from the door on the right. Other well dressed men are gathered at the open door on the left. Royal Canadian Mounted Police motorcycles that appear to have been unloaded from the train, sit on the grass in front. Parts of the words "Canadian" and "Pacific" can be seen on the train car.
- There is a handwritten inscription on the back of the photograph.
No location, other than London, is provided for this photograph. The location of the Canadian Pacific Railway station is shown on the map.
- Reverse - Unload - Royal escort equipment arrives in London. 1939.
- Date of Original
Width: 20.1 cm
Height: 12.6 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 19.3cm
Image Height: 12.6cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 42.9938004121247 Longitude: -81.2512951145554
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Ivey Family London Room, London Public Library, London, Ontario, Canada
- Reproduction Notes
- London Room Photograph Archives - PG F109
- London Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
251 Dundas Street
London, ON N6A 6H9