Lakes and Islands, Times Past

Results

We found
110
matching items
  • Geographic Location: Elgin
  • Elgin Continuation School
        L to R: Shirley Stanton, Bev Lake, Barb Welch, Al Leach, Marian Mahoney, and Jim Murphy at the Elgin Continuation school probably about 1950
      L to R: Shirley Stanton, Bev Lake, Barb Welch, Al Leach, Marian ...
  • Sunday School Group around 1910
        Black and white photograph of the Sunday School group in Elgin, Ontario around 1910.
      Black and white photograph of the Sunday School group in Elgin, Ontario ...
  • Women in field
        Black and white postcard of women in field in Elgin, Ontario around 1905.
      Black and white postcard of women in field in Elgin, Ontario around ...
  • Dargavel home
        Black and white photograph of the Dargavel home in Elgin, Ontario around 1910.
      Black and white photograph of the Dargavel home in Elgin, Ontario around ...
  • J.R. Dargavel House and Store
        Black and white postcard of the J.R. Dargavel house and store in Elgin, Ontario around 1910.
      Black and white postcard of the J.R. Dargavel house and store in ...
  • Elgin Orange Day Parade
        Black and white photograph of the Elgin Orange Day Parade around 1920. In the photograph are Jean Dwyre's house taken from the Elgin Hotel.
      Black and white photograph of the Elgin Orange Day Parade around 1920. ...
  • Elgin father and child c1905
        Elgin father and child .c1905 Photo by Clifford Pennock.
      Elgin father and child .c1905 Photo by Clifford Pennock.
  • Elgin Centennial parade 1956  Bathing beauty float
        Elgin Centennial parade 1956 - Bathing beauties
      Elgin Centennial parade 1956 - Bathing beauties
  • Doorway of South Crosby Community Hall c.1985
        The South Crosby Community Hall was constructed in 1873 to house council chambers and provide a place for community groups and events. James Halladay was the builder who added the clever Union Jack design to the front door. The building was in use until the 1960s when South Crosby built ...
      The South Crosby Community Hall was constructed in 1873 to house council ...
  • Elgin family c.1905
        Elgin family c.1905. PHoto by Clifford Pennock.
      Elgin family c.1905. PHoto by Clifford Pennock.
  • Elgin Empire Hotel c.1905
        The Elgin Empire Hotel was built in 1855 and continued as a business until the late 1890s. The Fahey family were among the long-time owners from about 1893 until 1945. The building was torn down around 2000 as it was in a state of disrepair. This photo was by Clifford ...
      The Elgin Empire Hotel was built in 1855 and continued as a ...
  • Elgin house c.1905
        Unidentified Elgin house c.1905. Photo by Clifford Pennock
      Unidentified Elgin house c.1905. Photo by Clifford Pennock
  • Delong School House (photo taken about 1985)
        The Delong Schoolhouse was built in 1844 on property owned by Henry Marven. When the Delongs acquired the property this stone school became known as the Delong School. It is currently the oldest school in South Crosby Ward and the only stone school in that ward. It closed in 1948. ...
      The Delong Schoolhouse was built in 1844 on property owned by Henry ...
  • Earl's sugar bush c.1907
        Earl's sugar bush near Elgin c.1907. Photo was taken by Clifford Pennock.
      Earl's sugar bush near Elgin c.1907. Photo was taken by Clifford Pennock.
  • Earl's sugar bush near Elgin c.1907
        Earl's sugarbush near Elgin c1907. Photo by Elgin photographer Cliff Pennock.
      Earl's sugarbush near Elgin c1907. Photo by Elgin photographer Cliff Pennock.
  • Elgin Hotel and Dargavel General Store c.1907
        Elgin Hotel and Dargavel General Store in Elgin c.1905
      Elgin Hotel and Dargavel General Store in Elgin c.1905
  • Earl's sugarbush near Elgin c.1907
        Earl's sugarbush near Elgin c.1907. Photo by Cliff Pennock.
      Earl's sugarbush near Elgin c.1907. Photo by Cliff Pennock.
  • Elgin Bakery Wagon c.1905
        Elgin Bakery wagon c.1905. Photo taken by Clifford Pennock
      Elgin Bakery wagon c.1905. Photo taken by Clifford Pennock
  • Earl family and friends in sugar bush near Elgin c.1905
        Picture of the Earl family and friends at the sugarbush on their farm near Elgin c.1905
      Picture of the Earl family and friends at the sugarbush on their ...
  • Elgin Continuation School after closing
        Elgin Continuation School c.1970. The Elgin continuation school was started in the 1920s and operated until the 1950s. In the 1960s, it was used briefly while Rideau District High School was under construction.
      Elgin Continuation School c.1970. The Elgin continuation school was started in the ...
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1860s1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
1870s1870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit