Lakes and Islands, Times Past

Results

We found
2
matching items
Contributors
Rideau Lakes Public Library
  
  • John Heron House
        Black and white photograph of the John Heron House in Newboro, Ontario around 1886. This house was built around 1875 by John Heron who manufactured ploughs and iron implements. His brother, William, purchased the house shortly after this. The Herons closed their foundry in 1885 when the local iron mine ...
      Black and white photograph of the John Heron House in Newboro, Ontario ...
  • Back of Iron Foundry Ruin Postcard
        The dam was built in 1800 by Elder Abel Stevens. Foundry ruins Delta Ontario. Built by Lewis Soper 1822. Purchased by Philo Hicock 1941. Sold to Albert Hicock and Bill Beatty 1849. Purchased by J.L. Day 1894. Here was made the first iron plough, the first spring wagonthe first threshing ...
      The dam was built in 1800 by Elder Abel Stevens. Foundry ruins ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit