- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the Laishley House in Elgin, Ontario in 1900. This is now the Guthrie House and was built in 1884. Henry Laishley (1821-1894) was a general merchant who operated the original Seven Dollar Store in Elgin starting in the late 1840s. His wife was Almeda Parrish and they had a number of children including William, the operator of a hotel in Chaffey's Lock.
The home was later purchased by Dr. Darius Coon who owned it until the 1940s.
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- [Internal Record #: MS9032]
- Laishley Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.60012 Longitude: -76.21608
- Rideau Lakes Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:P.O. Box 189
26 Halladay St.