Remains of Morton blockhouse c.1920
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This wooden blockhouse built on a promotory overlooking the Whitefish Dam was built in 1838 by the Rideau Canal to guard this spot following the Rebellion of Upper Canada. It housed 8 soldiers of the 4th Battalion of the Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada until about 1843. Following this it was used by canal staff and later was rented out to various individuals. It eventually was abandoned and was either torn down or fell down around 1930.
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.53342 Longitude: -76.19938
- Rideau Lakes Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:P.O. Box 189
26 Halladay St.