Bissett Creek Hockey Team
- Mystery Question
- Does anyone know the year this picture was taken? Does anyone know the name of the Hockey team? Does any one know the hockey teams stats?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Six boys (of various ages) pose for their team picture. A hockey stick was thrust into the bottom right hand corner of the frame when the picture was taken.
- Back Row (Left to Right): Malcolm Tooley, "Fats" Boulay, Leonard McIsaac.
Front Row (Left to Right): Ken Tooley, Romeo Boulay,
Malcolm is in the arms of his mother Annie Tooley in the McIsaac old place picture. Bill (William) McIsaac is Stanley's father. Stanley was born in 1925 or 1926.
According to Stan McIsaac, they used to use catalogues as shin pads and the goalie used catalogues as a chest protector. There was a hockey team in Bissett, Mackey and Stonecliffe. They used to play on the Ottawa River about once a week. There was a little rink at Bissett's, but Stan spoke fondly of the rink on the Ottawa River by the Island that was located across from Stonecliffe prior to the flood. Jack Fisher and his wife made and maintained the rink for the boys.
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 10
Image Height: 8
- Local identifier
- Mary Ellen Boudreau and Joan Charbonneau Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 46.21682 Longitude: -78.06623
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- Head, Clara and Maria Public Library
Address: 15 Township Hall Rd. Stonecliffe, Ontario K0J 2K0
- Head, Clara and Maria Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org