The First School House at Bissett Creek
- Mystery Question
- Does anyone know who is standing in the doorway? Does anyone know what year this picture would have been taken?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A lone figure stands in the entrance of Bissett Creek's first schoolhouse. It's a Winter scene. The small structure in the white pines to the right is the outhouse.
- The Ottawa River lay just behind the hill in the background of this picture. The schoolhouse was replaced by a new one room schoolhouse in the 1930s. The house was then bought by the Giroux (Section Man) family. The Pellerin family lived next door to the original school and the teacher used to board with them. The schoolhouse was later torn down.
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 10
Image Height: 8
- Local identifier
- Mary Ellen Boudreau and Joan Charbonneau Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 46.224764074235 Longitude: -78.0587196350098
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- Head, Clara and Maria Public Library
Address: 15 Township Hall Rd. Stonecliffe, Ontario K0J 2K0
- Head, Clara and Maria Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com