Our Lady of the Lourdes Confirmation Class (c.1947)
- Mystery Question
- Does anyone know who the photographer was who took this picture? Or who the man is standing beside Bishop Smith in the left hand corner? Does anyone recognize the building in the background?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Picture of the May 14, 1947 Bissett Creek's Our Lady of the Lourdes Church confirmation class. Confirmation beleived to have taken place at the St. Narcissus Church of Mackey Station.
- Back Row (left to right): unknown (possibly Rev. J.M. Schruder), Bishop Smith, Rev. J.K. O'Brien.
Middle Row: Mr George Thomas, Kathleen (Dibby) Morin, Enid Villeneuve, Marilyn Pichette, Carol Pichette, Mrs. G. Thomas.
Front Row: Mickey Sheedy, Clayton Mitchell, Bud Clouthier and Ernest Villeneuve.
Bishop Smith was ordained Bishop on July 25 1945, and Installed on August 8, 1945. The Our Lady of the Lourdes church in Bissetts Creek was a mission served by the priests from St. Narcissus Church in Mackey. The priests would travel to Bissett Creek and to say Mass once a month.
The date for this Confirmation was obtained from Rev. J.K. O'Brien's notes for Mackey, Stonecliffe, Bissett Creek and Deux Rivieres dated May 12, 1946 to August 31, 1951.
- Date of Original
- May 14 1947
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 10
Image Height: 8
- Local identifier
- Mary Ellen Boudreau and Joan Charbonneau Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 46.1778009966001 Longitude: -77.8186931588745
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Head, Clara and Maria Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org