Gateway to Northwestern Ontario Digital Collections

Results

We found
167
matching items
  • James River Marathon Ltd. (pulp mill)
        Construction started in 1944. There have been six name changes since construction. Today it is known as Marathon Pulp Inc. Owned by Tembec/Kruger.
      Construction started in 1944. There have been six name changes since construction. ...
  • GECO Mill
        B&W photo of inside the GECO mill. The first two mills are running - the third in the back is not.
      B&W photo of inside the GECO mill. The first two mills are ...
  • Lake Sulphite Pulp and Paper Mill (~1936)
        A photograph of a work crew clearing the site for the future Lake Sulphite Pulp and Paper mill. The date of the photograph is not known.
      A photograph of a work crew clearing the site for the future ...
  • New Dock at Lake Sulphite Pulp and Paper Co. (~1938)
        A view of the new docking area of the Lake Sulphite Pulp and Paper Co. Mill buildings are in the background.
      A view of the new docking area of the Lake Sulphite Pulp ...
  • Lake Sulphite Co. (1937)
        Construction of buildings at Lake Sulphite Pulp and Paper Co., Red Rock.
      Construction of buildings at Lake Sulphite Pulp and Paper Co., Red Rock.
  • Hemlo Gold Mine
        Colour photo of the construction of the mill at Hemlo Gold Mine. Photo was taken from in front of the headframe.
      Colour photo of the construction of the mill at Hemlo Gold Mine. ...
  • Terrace Bay Early Years
        This is a photograph of men overseeing the mill project.
      This is a photograph of men overseeing the mill project.
  • Terrace Bay Early Years
        This is a photograph of mill manager D. Porter from 1956.
      This is a photograph of mill manager D. Porter from 1956.
  • Terrace Bay Early Years
        This is a photograph of mill managers R. Shirriff, J. Ferrier, and J. Wig.
      This is a photograph of mill managers R. Shirriff, J. Ferrier, and ...
  • Terrace Bay Early Years
        This is a photograph of mill manager H. Craig.
      This is a photograph of mill manager H. Craig.
  • People: Staff
        This is a black and white photograph of staff at the mill in Terrace Bay.
      This is a black and white photograph of staff at the mill ...
  • Photographs Local History
        This is a panoramic view of the Terrace Bay Mill and area.
      This is a panoramic view of the Terrace Bay Mill and area.
  • Terrace Bay Early Years
        This is a photograph of the mill site taken in July, 1947. In the six short months after this photograph was taken, the mill site was transformed into a veritable maze of buildings in various stages of completion. The pulp storage building which stood alone in January was surrounded. The ...
      This is a photograph of the mill site taken in July, 1947. ...
  • Terrace Bay Early Years
        This is a photograph of the mill site taken in September, 1947. This photograph of the 300 ton sulfate mill depicts the extent of progress at the time. The mill proper covers a ground area of 150,000 square feet and the boiler house rises to a height of 130 feet. ...
      This is a photograph of the mill site taken in September, 1947. ...
  • Terrace Bay Early Years
        On August 31, 1949, members of Ontario Legislature visited the mill project.
      On August 31, 1949, members of Ontario Legislature visited the mill project.
  • Kimberly-Clark
        It is difficult to know what this is a photograph of. It could be Kimberly-Clark's Training Program, or a meeting relating to the mill.
      It is difficult to know what this is a photograph of. It ...
  • Mill Yard
        Mill yard in Terrace Bay.
      Mill yard in Terrace Bay.
  • The Parking Lot at the Mill in the 1950s
        This is a photograph of the new parking lot for Kimberly-Clark's Terrace Bay Mill in the 1950s. Curbs, sidewalks, and light standards were installed.
      This is a photograph of the new parking lot for Kimberly-Clark's Terrace ...
  • Terrace Bay Early Years
        This is a photograph of a letter from Longlac Pulp and Paper Company Limited expressing their hopes for the new community of Terrace Bay and its industry. This is the first letter through the Post Office in Terrace Bay.
      This is a photograph of a letter from Longlac Pulp and Paper ...
  • People: Staff
        This is a list of mill employees and their positions in the mill, date unknown. Pulp- Charles Simmer, Michael Smilsky, Paul Rochon, Wilfred Mallais, Donald Husband, Joseph Kennedy, Alfred Ziegelman, Kenneth MacLeod. Pulp- John Schritt and Paul Kuzyk. Not pictured: Frank Reilly. Engineering Department- John Ferrier, William Louk, Irene Edmond, ...
      This is a list of mill employees and their positions in the ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
1990s1990199119921993199419951996199719981999
2000s2000200120022003200420052006200720082009
2010s2010201120122013201420152016201720182019
2020s2020202120222023202420252026202720282029
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit