- Media Type
- Item Type
- Man standing by one car at Ogema Mine. The Ogema Mine was named after the Native who discovered the mineral occurrence located two kilometers west of Ouimet Canyon Provincial Park in 1890. Mr. James Dickenson, of Port Arthur was the first to work the area. The property lay idle between September 1892 and January 1927. The North American Lead Refining Company, Ltd. took over the mine in 1926. The property was owned by Capitain H.E. Knobel.
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 48.7834 Longitude: -88.53336
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Dorion Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
170 Dorion Loop Road