Engineer John Sirman, Fireman Don Marchuk
- Mystery Question
- If you are able to provide any identifying information for this image, please post a comment or contact email@example.com[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Standing in front of the '4008' locomotive is engineer John Sirman (left) and Fireman Don Marchuk (right) of Rainy River, Ontario. These men took the steamer '4008' on its final journey, December 2, 1958.Brother Sirman was the last engineer to drive the C.N.R. second heaviest steam driven locomotive, stoked for power by Brother Don Marchuk. Thanks to the insight of Rainy River mayor with a rail background, the two former members of Local 750 of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen and Engineers (now UTU Local 1179) have had the opportunity to help preserve Locomotive '4008' for future generations.
- Local identifier
- Rainy River Public Library
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 48.71664 Longitude: -94.56711
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status for this image is unknown. Should you have any identifying information for this image, please contact the Rainy River Public Library. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Rainy River Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
334 4th St.
PO Box 308
Rainy River, ON