County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
1321
matching items
Geographic Location
Burford
  
  • Letter to George Foster and Sons from Richard F. Meredith
        This item is a letter sent from Richard F. Meredith, a Burford merchant, to George Foster and Sons on June 19, 1901. Mr. Meredith writes to George Foster and Sons, making a request for a number of items with prices listed.
      This item is a letter sent from Richard F. Meredith, a Burford ...
  • Ranelagh Schoolhouse
        Schoolhouse Summary This former schoolhouse is located at 322 Burford-Delhi Road, Burford, Ontario on Lot 16, Concession 14. It was built in the 1930's as a trustees school for the townships of Burford and Windsor. The land grant was provided for the school in 1937 for $100.80. The building has ...
      Schoolhouse Summary This former schoolhouse is located at 322 Burford-Delhi Road, Burford, ...
  • Burford Scout Troop Collection
        A collection of black and white photographs mounted on cardstock and newspaper clippings featuring the Burford Scout Troop beginning in 1910 and ending with the first Queen Scouts in 1963.
      A collection of black and white photographs mounted on cardstock and newspaper ...
  • 1920 M. Moody & Son Potato Digger
        This horse-drawn Victor potato digger came from a farm in the New Durham area and was manufactured by M. Moody & Sons Company, Quebec, around 1920. It has a rounded plate that digs under the potato row and a rotating set of pronged arms that remove potatoes from the earth ...
      This horse-drawn Victor potato digger came from a farm in the New ...
  • 1944 Oliver 70 Standard Goodison
        Beginning in the 1920s Canadian customs regulations stipulated that for tractors manufactured in the United States to be sold in Canada some of the manufacturing had to take place within the country. Thus in 1920 the John Goodison Threshing Company reached an agreement with the Hart-Parr Company to distribute tractors ...
      Beginning in the 1920s Canadian customs regulations stipulated that for tractors manufactured ...
  • 1951 Oliver Standard 77
        The Oliver 77 came in three different models: standard, row crop, and orchard. This particular tractor is the standard model which sat in a fence row for 20 years before it was purchased and restored. There was a huge wasp nest filling the top of the motor which might have ...
      The Oliver 77 came in three different models: standard, row crop, and ...
  • Oliver/Cockshutt 770
        After purchasing the Cockshutt brand in 1962, White Motor Company moved production from the Brantford plant to the Oliver plant in Charles City, Iowa. White had bought Oliver in 1960. After this move was made Cockshutt and Oliver tractors were identical except for the paint job. The 770 was a ...
      After purchasing the Cockshutt brand in 1962, White Motor Company moved production ...
  • White Cemetery
        White Cemetery is a small, very old cemetery and can be found in the village of Harley of the former Burford Township. It is located on Kloepfer Rd., on the left near the intersection of Kloepfer and Harley Rds. The headstones have all be placed in a single row near ...
      White Cemetery is a small, very old cemetery and can be found ...
  • Lymburner Cemetery
        Lymburner Cemetery is a small cemetery with only six extant gravestones. It is located in the village of Kelvin, at Concession 14, Lot 14 along Burford Delhi Townline road. Grave listing is as follows: Name Last Name Range Grave Number Nancy Lymburner Lymburner 1 1 Robert Lymburner Lymburner 1 2 ...
      Lymburner Cemetery is a small cemetery with only six extant gravestones. It ...
  • Fairfield Cemetery
        Fairfield Cemetery is a large, active cemetery in the village of Fairfield Plain in the former Burford Township. It is located next to the Fairfield United Church near the intersection of Maple Ave South and Fairfield Rd. Grave listing is as follows: Name Last Name Range Grave Number Rebecca Kent ...
      Fairfield Cemetery is a large, active cemetery in the village of Fairfield ...
  • Kelvin Cemetery
        Kelvin is the oldest of the cemeteries located in the village of Kelvin in the former Burford Township. Only ten gravestones still remain standing today. It is located on a grassy knoll on Middle Townline Rd, just north of where the road ends at Brant Delhi Rd. Grave listing is ...
      Kelvin is the oldest of the cemeteries located in the village of ...
  • Hatchley Cemetery
        Inscription on the school bell plaque reads: HATCHLEY SCHOOL BELL SS19 Burford Township Built in 1883 – Closed 1960 In remembrance of Trustees, Teachers, Pupils who attended. Erected here in 1999, through donations to the Hatchley Bell Committee.
      Inscription on the school bell plaque reads: HATCHLEY SCHOOL BELL SS19 Burford ...
  • Dutcher Cemetery
        Inscription on plaque reads: "The Dutcher Cemetery In 1857 a group of worshippers named the Dutcherville Methodist Congregation purchased a half-acre on the north-east corner of lot 6, Concession 9. a cemetery was established here. Though the cemetery was primarily the Dutcher family burial ground, Smiths, Bowmans, Bennetts and Burtch ...
      Inscription on plaque reads: "The Dutcher Cemetery In 1857 a group of ...
  • Legion greets 50th anniversary year with a special open house on Jan. 1
        This January 22, 2003 article in the Burford Times describes an anniversary event hosted by the Legion, which included the introduction of new members and a dinner. People introduced at the dinner include Bob Speller, Al Caswell, Marg Gilchrist, Ron Eddy, Willie Martens, Morris Croome, Ted Thompson Howard Lewis, Paul ...
      This January 22, 2003 article in the Burford Times describes an anniversary ...
  • Burford United Church
        The Burford United Church was built in the 19th century. It was originally located on the southeast corner of Dufferin and William Streets; in 1902, it was moved to King St. & Alexander St. At this time it was also renovated to add a study wing in the west, replacing ...
      The Burford United Church was built in the 19th century. It was ...
  • Christmas at the Tobey's
        A series of photos and an article from the November 28, 2001 issue of the Burford Times describing a Christmas open house hosted by the Tobey family. Art and Joy Tobey hosted the event after the annual Christmas tour in Burford was cancelled.
      A series of photos and an article from the November 28, 2001 ...
  • What's new in 2001 at Burford Fair
        A promotional article for the 2001 Burford Fair attractions and events in the September 26, 2001 issue of the Burford Times. Updates were provided by John Wedge, president of the Burford Agricultural Society and indicated that new shows would be added to the fair. A photo with the article shows ...
      A promotional article for the 2001 Burford Fair attractions and events in ...
  • Picnic or PIK-NIK by Mel Robertson, from The Burford Times
        From the 1970s through the 1980s, Mel Robertson wrote many articles for the Burford Advance and Burford Times on the history of Burford Township. This clipping contains the article Picnic or PIK-NIK. It describes outdoor activities in Burford in the early 20th century. The article may not have been republished. ...
      From the 1970s through the 1980s, Mel Robertson wrote many articles for ...
  • Scouts and Rangers by Mel Robertson, from The Burford Times
        From the 1970s through the 1980s, Mel Robertson wrote many articles for the Burford Advance and Burford Times on the history of Burford Township. This clipping contains the article Scouts and Rangers. It describes the activities of scouts in Burford. The article may not have been republished. Newspaper clippings donated ...
      From the 1970s through the 1980s, Mel Robertson wrote many articles for ...
  • After three generations, Greenwood Meats is sold
        In this article from the March 28, 2001 issue of the Burford Times, 60-year-old Burford business Greenwood Meats announces that it is closing and thanks the community for its support over the years. A photo features Ruie, Tom, and Julie Greenwood in their store.
      In this article from the March 28, 2001 issue of the Burford ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit