County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
438
matching items
Geographic Location
St. George
  
  • Easter Greetings Postcard
        Lest we forget Nell Mr John Lawrason [?]
      Lest we forget Nell Mr John Lawrason [?]
  • Easter Greetings Postcard
        The beginning: "Dear Edith, I arrived O. K. last night..."
      The beginning: "Dear Edith, I arrived O. K. last night..."
  • A Joyous Christmas Postcard
        Reverse side, the beginning: "Greetings from the Macphersons...".
      Reverse side, the beginning: "Greetings from the Macphersons...".
  • Postcard Depicting the Dam in St. George
        Reverse side, the beginning: "Dear Jessie, here you coming...".
      Reverse side, the beginning: "Dear Jessie, here you coming...".
  • Postcard Depicting St. George, Ont.
        Front side: "St. George. Ont." Reverse side, the beginning: "Dear Jessie, how are you, how is your head...".
      Front side: "St. George. Ont." Reverse side, the beginning: "Dear Jessie, how ...
  • Pamphlet "Meeting the Nation's Need"
        This item is a pamphlet entitled "Meeting the Nation's Need" published by the Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA). The content of the pamphlet suggests that it was produced sometime during the First World War. The original document was provided by the South Dumfries Historical Society.
      This item is a pamphlet entitled "Meeting the Nation's Need" published by ...
  • Letter to George Foster and Sons from C.P. Keefer
        This item is a letter sent from C.P. Keefer, an unknown resident from St. George, to George Foster and Sons on March 29, 1901. Mr. Keefer encloses payment of $12.70 for an order previously made for February 23, 1901.
      This item is a letter sent from C.P. Keefer, an unknown resident ...
  • Letter to George Foster & Sons from F. Walker
        This item is a letter sent from F. Walker, a merchant from St. George, to George Foster and Sons on 11 March 1901. Mr. Walker writes in an order to be picked up by his colleague George Coleman that he will charge to his account. This order includes a barrel ...
      This item is a letter sent from F. Walker, a merchant from ...
  • Historical Buildings of the County of Brant
  • The Roos Family
        This photograph depicts the Roos family. E. D. Roos and his family came to St. George from Hespeler in 1890, where he ran Village Hotel for 15 years. The original photograph was provided by Clair Rosebrugh during a Scan and Share History event in St George on 29 October 2011.
      This photograph depicts the Roos family. E. D. Roos and his family ...
  • St. George Public School
        This photograph depicts St. George public school. The School was opened in 1973. The original photo was provided by the County of Brant Public Library.
      This photograph depicts St. George public school. The School was opened in ...
  • Harry Witteveen with a Horse
        This photograph depicts Harry Witteveen at the age of sixteen at his family farm in Friesland. The original photograph was provided by Harry Witteveen.
      This photograph depicts Harry Witteveen at the age of sixteen at his ...
  • At Martha Stewart's Farm
        This photograph depicts Harry Witteveen (carriage driver), Martha Stewart, and Sandy Shantz at Martha Stewart's Farm in Westchester County, New York.
      This photograph depicts Harry Witteveen (carriage driver), Martha Stewart, and Sandy Shantz ...
  • Agriculture Works Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of the Agriculture Works building in St. George. The photograph depicts the "new" factory built in 1878 after the former structure burned down the year before. Agriculture works was located on the northwest corner of Beverly and Reid streets. The company was founded ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of the Agriculture Works building ...
  • Sunnyside Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of Sunnyside in St. George. Sunnyside was constructed in 1888 by Dr. E.E. Kitchen, built as a show piece with Romanesque Revival style features. Sunnyside was the location for the inaugural meeting of the St. George Women's Institute beginning in 1903 until 1920. ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of Sunnyside in St. George. ...
  • Howell Block on Main Street Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of Howell Block on Main Street in St. George. The photo depicts the south end of the east side of downtown. From right to left, the buildings are: the Howell Block, the Reid Block, the Richardson Block, the Haas Block, the Cummings House ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of Howell Block on Main ...
  • Railway Station Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of the railway station in St. George, located on the west side of the railway bridge. This two storey building was eventually removed in 1947, and was replaced by a smaller structure that was attached to the freight shed. The date is unknown ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of the railway station in ...
  • Grand Trunk Railway Bridge Reconstruction Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of the reconstruction of the Grand Trunk Railway Station in St. George, located half a mile south of the village. The photograph is believed to have been taken following an accident in 1916. This accident followed the deadly train derailment in 1889 that ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of the reconstruction of the ...
  • Methodist Church Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of the Methodist Church in St. George. The church was built in 1869 by architect Mr. Turner from Brantford, and builder James Pickering, also from Brantford. Its original location was the current site of the Royal Canadian Legion Br. 605 on Main Street ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of the Methodist Church in ...
  • Horses Pulling Logs on Howell Block Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of horses pulling logs on Main Street in St. George. The photo depicts Howell and Reid Block in the background. The false stonework on the stucco facade of Reid Block is visible. The date is unknown but presumed to be around 1916-1920. This ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of horses pulling logs on ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1830s1830183118321833183418351836183718381839
18401840184118421843184418451846184718481849
1850s1850185118521853185418551856185718581859
1860s1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
1870s1870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
2000s2000200120022003200420052006200720082009
2010s2010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit