County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
45
matching items
Geographic Location
St. George
  
  • A History of the County of Brant Public Libraries
        The central branch of the County of Brant system is located in Paris, Ontario. In 1999 Paris and its surrounding areas amalgamated to form the County of Brant. Before that time each community was served by its own separate library: Paris Branch In 1841 Hiram Capron—founder of Paris, Ontario—and 25 ...
      The central branch of the County of Brant system is located in ...
  • Main Street in St. George Looking South
        This photograph shows a view of St. George's Main Street, looking southwards.
      This photograph shows a view of St. George's Main Street, looking southwards.
  • Holy Trinity Anglican Church in St. George
        This photograph depicts the Holy Trinity Anglican Church in St. George, Ont. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
      This photograph depicts the Holy Trinity Anglican Church in St. George, Ont. ...
  • St. George Baptist Church
        This photograph depicts the St. George Baptist Church located on Beverly Street East in St. George, Ont. The Church was built in 1824. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
      This photograph depicts the St. George Baptist Church located on Beverly Street ...
  • Paris Plains Church: Side View
        This photograph depicts a side view of the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont. in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built in 1845 by the free labour of its own congregation with stones gathered from nearby fields. The building was restored in 1948 as a memorial ...
      This photograph depicts a side view of the Paris Plains Church North ...
  • Paris Plains Church
        This photograph shows the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont., in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built as the West Dumfries Wesleyan Chapel and dedicated in 1845 by the free labour of its own congregation with stones gathered from nearby fields. It has a cobblestone exterior. ...
      This photograph shows the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont., in ...
  • St. George United Church
        This photograph depicts the St. George United Church located on Beverly Street in St. George, Ont. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
      This photograph depicts the St. George United Church located on Beverly Street ...
  • Photo of Howell Block
        Julia Forsyth
      Julia Forsyth
  • Agriculture Works Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of the Agriculture Works building in St. George. The photograph depicts the "new" factory built in 1878 after the former structure burned down the year before. Agriculture works was located on the northwest corner of Beverly and Reid streets. The company was founded ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of the Agriculture Works building ...
  • Sunnyside Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of Sunnyside in St. George. Sunnyside was constructed in 1888 by Dr. E.E. Kitchen, built as a show piece with Romanesque Revival style features. Sunnyside was the location for the inaugural meeting of the St. George Women's Institute beginning in 1903 until 1920. ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of Sunnyside in St. George. ...
  • Howell Block on Main Street Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of Howell Block on Main Street in St. George. The photo depicts the south end of the east side of downtown. From right to left, the buildings are: the Howell Block, the Reid Block, the Richardson Block, the Haas Block, the Cummings House ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of Howell Block on Main ...
  • Howell Block
        Summary Howell Block has served a wide variety of functions within the St. George community, including a tinsmith, drug store, hardware store, library, museum, community hall, newspaper office, lawyers office, central telephone office, and post office. The original store and distillery was owned and operated by Nicholas Barmore in 1834 ...
      Summary Howell Block has served a wide variety of functions within the ...
  • William B. Wood House
        House Summary Located in St. George, the William B. Wood house was built in 1880 for local businessman Mr. Thompson. The home was soon after purchased by Snowball Grist Mill owner William Bruce Wood, who served on the South Dumfries and Brant County councils, and at one time was the ...
      House Summary Located in St. George, the William B. Wood house was ...
  • St. George Railway Station
        This photograph depicts Railway Station in St. George, Ont. The original image is held by the South Dumfries Historical Society.
      This photograph depicts Railway Station in St. George, Ont. The original image ...
  • Rural School
        This photograph depicts a rural school in the former South Dumfries Township, Ont. The original photo was provided by the South Dumfries Historical Society.
      This photograph depicts a rural school in the former South Dumfries Township, ...
  • St. George Methodist Church
        This photograph depicts the St. George Methodist Church in St. George, Ont. The original photo was provided by the South Dumfries Historical Society.
      This photograph depicts the St. George Methodist Church in St. George, Ont. ...
  • Old Baptist Church
        This photograph depicts the fire damaged structure of the old Baptist Church in St. George, Ont. The original photo was provided by the South Dumfries Historical Society.
      This photograph depicts the fire damaged structure of the old Baptist Church ...
  • Old Presbyterian Church in St. George
        D Y Rose baptized Jessie Maitland here
      D Y Rose baptized Jessie Maitland here
  • Bruce's School
        Summary Bruce's School was named for James Bruce, a graduate of Dublin University who taught in the County of Brant for ten years. The first schoolhouse was a log cabin on Concession 5 near the Beverly Township line, in David Cope's field about three quarters of a mile east of ...
      Summary Bruce's School was named for James Bruce, a graduate of Dublin ...
  • Ron Eddy House
        Summary Located in South Dumfries Township, this house was built in approximately 1888. County of Brant Mayor Ron Eddy currently resides in this home. The original home on this property was built in 1820. The County of Brant Public Library thanks Mayor Eddy for inviting us to his home in ...
      Summary Located in South Dumfries Township, this house was built in approximately ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1830s1830183118321833183418351836183718381839
18401840184118421843184418451846184718481849
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
1860s1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
2010s2010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit