County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
6
matching items
Contributors
Paris Museum and Historical Society
  
  • Letter from W.G. Keele to Hiram Capron
        In this letter, Keele reports on the status of several of Capron’s confirmed land claims and requests documentation about others in order to finish settling accounts.
      In this letter, Keele reports on the status of several of Capron’s ...
  • Land agreement with Great Western Railroad Company
        This agreement documents Capron's sale of a strip of land to allow the Great Western Railroad Company to run a track on his property. He additionally sold a plot to allow for the construction of a depot, and agreed to construct a wooden fence along the length of this track. ...
      This agreement documents Capron's sale of a strip of land to allow ...
  • Hiram Capron Ledger Excerpt
        These four pages from one of Capron’s ledgers demonstrate some of his financial affairs and interests during the 1850s and 1860s. It includes lists of his land sales; the population of Paris, with a rough geographical sketch; his “bad debts;” and his taxes from 1852 through 1864.
      These four pages from one of Capron’s ledgers demonstrate some of his ...
  • Grant of Dumfries Land to Thomas Gadd
        This grant from the Province of Upper Canada gives Thomas Gadd 446 acres of land in Paris (then the Township of Dumfries), north of Dundas Street. His land is described as bordering Capron's.
      This grant from the Province of Upper Canada gives Thomas Gadd 446 ...
  • Letter from W.G. Keele to Hiram Capron Confirming Land Sales
        This letter is a follow-up to an earlier 1835 correspondence between Keele and Capron concerning land grants. Keele reports on the progress he has made in confirming these grants, and the work remaining to be done.
      This letter is a follow-up to an earlier 1835 correspondence between Keele ...
  • Land Indenture between Augustus Jones and Six Nations, 1805
        This land indenture, signed March 1st, 1805, documents the Six Nations’ grant of land to Augustus Jones. He was given in total 1200 acres, located north of Dundas Street and east of the Grand River. The lease was granted for “Nine hundred and Ninety nine years,” and the only payment ...
      This land indenture, signed March 1st, 1805, documents the Six Nations’ grant ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1800s1800180118021803180418051806180718081809
18101810181118121813181418151816181718181819
18201820182118221823182418251826182718281829
1830s1830183118321833183418351836183718381839
1840s1840184118421843184418451846184718481849
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
1860s1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit