County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
13
matching items
Geographic Location
Paris
  
Decade
2010-2019
  
  • Paris Covered Toll Bridge
        In the early communities of the 1830s and 40s the roads and bridges that linked out of the way places like Paris to the larger towns like Hamilton and London were vital to settlers. New immigrants to the area needed ways to bring in the necessities of life and established ...
      In the early communities of the 1830s and 40s the roads and ...
  • A Movement of the Spirit, by Roger Sharpe
        A Movement of the Spirit: the History of St. James Anglican Church, Paris, 1839-2010, by Roger Sharpe.
      A Movement of the Spirit: the History of St. James Anglican Church, ...
  • The Caprons of Paris: A Digitization Project in a Small Library System
        ...The Caprons of Paris 201 providing a place for anyone from the county...
      ...The Caprons of Paris 201 providing a place for anyone from the ...
  • Paris Cenotaph
        Located in downtown Paris, the Paris Cenotaph is the town's war memorial and location of the annual Remembrance Day ceremonies.
      Located in downtown Paris, the Paris Cenotaph is the town's war memorial ...
  • The River Lily
        Plaque #1: ON THIS SITE ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL INVENTOR OF THE TELEPHONE, RECEIVED FROM BRANTFORD, ONTARIO, ON AUGUST 10, 1876, THE WORLD'S FIRST SUCCESSFUL LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALL. ERECTED BY THE CHARLES FLEETFORD SISE CHAPTER TELEPHONE PIONEERS OF AMERICA 10TH AUGUST 1946 Plaque #2: IEEE MILESTONE IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING AND ...
      Plaque #1: ON THIS SITE ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL INVENTOR OF THE TELEPHONE, ...
  • Arlington Hotel
        The Arlington Hotel in Paris is a hotel that was built in the 1850s by O.D. Bradford. It is located at 106 Grand River St. N., at the corner of William St. and was one of the first hotels in Paris.
      The Arlington Hotel in Paris is a hotel that was built in ...
  • St. James Anglican Church
        St. James Anglican Church, at 8 Burwell St., is a church in Paris which was built in 1838 on land given by Hiram Capron. It is one of the oldest surviving churches in Brant County and will be commemorating its 175th anniversary in 2014. To learn more about the St. ...
      St. James Anglican Church, at 8 Burwell St., is a church in ...
  • Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church
        The Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, at 17 Washington St., is a church in Paris. Built in 1857 with a Gothic-style architecture, the church underwent renovations in 1881 and 1912.
      The Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, at 17 Washington St., is a ...
  • Paris Presbyterian Church
        The Paris Presbyterian Chuch, located at 164 Grand River St. N., was built in 1893 after the congregations from the River Street Presbyterian Church and Dumfries Street Presbyterian Church united.
      The Paris Presbyterian Chuch, located at 164 Grand River St. N., was ...
  • Paris Baptist Church
        The Paris Baptist Chuch, located at 25 Broadway St. W., was built in 1885.
      The Paris Baptist Chuch, located at 25 Broadway St. W., was built ...
  • Reminiscences of Eleanor Hardie
        Memories of Eleanor Hardie about growing up and living in Paris. Scroll down to the Full Text section below to read the first-hand account.
      Memories of Eleanor Hardie about growing up and living in Paris. Scroll ...
  • Ranelagh Schoolhouse
        Schoolhouse Summary This former schoolhouse is located at 322 Burford-Delhi Road, Burford, Ontario on Lot 16, Concession 14. It was built in the 1930's as a trustees school for the townships of Burford and Windsor. The land grant was provided for the school in 1937 for $100.80. The building has ...
      Schoolhouse Summary This former schoolhouse is located at 322 Burford-Delhi Road, Burford, ...
  • Chamberlain House
        House Summary This home and farmhouse is located in the area of Burford Township. The house was originally built in 1880, and has been the home of over four generations of the Chamberlain family. In 1962, renovations were made by Charles Edward Joseph "Ted" Chamberlain, in which two bedrooms were ...
      House Summary This home and farmhouse is located in the area of ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit