County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
13
matching items
Geographic Location
Burford
  
Decade
2010-2019
  
  • Oliver/Cockshutt 770
        After purchasing the Cockshutt brand in 1962, White Motor Company moved production from the Brantford plant to the Oliver plant in Charles City, Iowa. White had bought Oliver in 1960. After this move was made Cockshutt and Oliver tractors were identical except for the paint job. The 770 was a ...
      After purchasing the Cockshutt brand in 1962, White Motor Company moved production ...
  • 1951 Oliver Standard 77
        The Oliver 77 came in three different models: standard, row crop, and orchard. This particular tractor is the standard model which sat in a fence row for 20 years before it was purchased and restored. There was a huge wasp nest filling the top of the motor which might have ...
      The Oliver 77 came in three different models: standard, row crop, and ...
  • 1944 Oliver 70 Standard Goodison
        Beginning in the 1920s Canadian customs regulations stipulated that for tractors manufactured in the United States to be sold in Canada some of the manufacturing had to take place within the country. Thus in 1920 the John Goodison Threshing Company reached an agreement with the Hart-Parr Company to distribute tractors ...
      Beginning in the 1920s Canadian customs regulations stipulated that for tractors manufactured ...
  • 1920 M. Moody & Son Potato Digger
        This horse-drawn Victor potato digger came from a farm in the New Durham area and was manufactured by M. Moody & Sons Company, Quebec, around 1920. It has a rounded plate that digs under the potato row and a rotating set of pronged arms that remove potatoes from the earth ...
      This horse-drawn Victor potato digger came from a farm in the New ...
  • Hatchley Cemetery
        Inscription on the school bell plaque reads: HATCHLEY SCHOOL BELL SS19 Burford Township Built in 1883 – Closed 1960 In remembrance of Trustees, Teachers, Pupils who attended. Erected here in 1999, through donations to the Hatchley Bell Committee.
      Inscription on the school bell plaque reads: HATCHLEY SCHOOL BELL SS19 Burford ...
  • Kelvin Cemetery
        Kelvin is the oldest of the cemeteries located in the village of Kelvin in the former Burford Township. Only ten gravestones still remain standing today. It is located on a grassy knoll on Middle Townline Rd, just north of where the road ends at Brant Delhi Rd. Grave listing is ...
      Kelvin is the oldest of the cemeteries located in the village of ...
  • Fairfield Cemetery
        Fairfield Cemetery is a large, active cemetery in the village of Fairfield Plain in the former Burford Township. It is located next to the Fairfield United Church near the intersection of Maple Ave South and Fairfield Rd. Grave listing is as follows: Name Last Name Range Grave Number Rebecca Kent ...
      Fairfield Cemetery is a large, active cemetery in the village of Fairfield ...
  • Lymburner Cemetery
        Lymburner Cemetery is a small cemetery with only six extant gravestones. It is located in the village of Kelvin, at Concession 14, Lot 14 along Burford Delhi Townline road. Grave listing is as follows: Name Last Name Range Grave Number Nancy Lymburner Lymburner 1 1 Robert Lymburner Lymburner 1 2 ...
      Lymburner Cemetery is a small cemetery with only six extant gravestones. It ...
  • White Cemetery
        White Cemetery is a small, very old cemetery and can be found in the village of Harley of the former Burford Township. It is located on Kloepfer Rd., on the left near the intersection of Kloepfer and Harley Rds. The headstones have all be placed in a single row near ...
      White Cemetery is a small, very old cemetery and can be found ...
  • Dutcher Cemetery
        Inscription on plaque reads: "The Dutcher Cemetery In 1857 a group of worshippers named the Dutcherville Methodist Congregation purchased a half-acre on the north-east corner of lot 6, Concession 9. a cemetery was established here. Though the cemetery was primarily the Dutcher family burial ground, Smiths, Bowmans, Bennetts and Burtch ...
      Inscription on plaque reads: "The Dutcher Cemetery In 1857 a group of ...
  • Burford Scout Troop Collection
        A collection of black and white photographs mounted on cardstock and newspaper clippings featuring the Burford Scout Troop beginning in 1910 and ending with the first Queen Scouts in 1963.
      A collection of black and white photographs mounted on cardstock and newspaper ...
  • Ranelagh Schoolhouse
        Schoolhouse Summary This former schoolhouse is located at 322 Burford-Delhi Road, Burford, Ontario on Lot 16, Concession 14. It was built in the 1930's as a trustees school for the townships of Burford and Windsor. The land grant was provided for the school in 1937 for $100.80. The building has ...
      Schoolhouse Summary This former schoolhouse is located at 322 Burford-Delhi Road, Burford, ...
  • Letter to George Foster and Sons from Richard F. Meredith
        This item is a letter sent from Richard F. Meredith, a Burford merchant, to George Foster and Sons on June 19, 1901. Mr. Meredith writes to George Foster and Sons, making a request for a number of items with prices listed.
      This item is a letter sent from Richard F. Meredith, a Burford ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit