County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
17
matching items
Geographic Location
Paris
  
Decade
1840-1849
  
  • Indenture of Water Privileges between Hiram Capron, Mary De Long Capron and Daniel Church
        This agreement grants Daniel Church water privilege on Hiram Capron's dams and water-mills on the Nith River, then known as Smiths Creek. Church owned an iron foundry and machine shop and used 5 horsepower of waterpower.
      This agreement grants Daniel Church water privilege on Hiram Capron's dams and ...
  • Indenture of Water Rights on William Street Dam, 1849
        This substantial agreement documents a major transaction concerning the water power generated by Hiram Capron's William Street dam. It provided 87 horsepower in total, divided among the various parties. It has a total of 13 signatories, including Capron but excluding witnesses. The total list of signatories is: Norman Hamilton Archibald ...
      This substantial agreement documents a major transaction concerning the water power generated ...
  • Land Indenture between Robert Rosebrugh and the Department of Indian Affairs, 1847
        This contract documents the sale of a parcel of land in the north of Paris from the Six Nations to Robert Rosebrugh (here spelled Roseburgh) for 202 pounds. The lot purchased was number 19 in the Township of Brantford.
      This contract documents the sale of a parcel of land in the ...
  • Land Indenture between John Bray and the Department of Indian Affairs, 1848
        This contract documents the sale of a parcel of land in the Township of Dumfries from the Six Nations to John Bray for 100 pounds. The lot purchased was the north half of number 4 in the Second Concession.
      This contract documents the sale of a parcel of land in the ...
  • Levi Boughton House
        Summary The land on which the Levi Boughton house can be found was purchased in 1844 from Thomas Coleman and his wife. Boughton was the primary builder of the famous cobblestone houses located in and around Paris. He came to Paris from Albany, New York, and lived in the town ...
      Summary The land on which the Levi Boughton house can be found ...
  • Barker House
        House Summary Located in Paris, Ontario, the Barker house is a cobblestone home built circa 1842. This Ontario Regency Cottage was built on land that exchanged hands from the Indians, to the Crown, to Thomas Gadd. Circa 1840, Gadd severed 75 acres for his daughter Elizabeth and her husband James ...
      House Summary Located in Paris, Ontario, the Barker house is a cobblestone ...
  • Old Paris Inn
        Building Summary The Old Paris Inn is located at 40 Dundas Street West and was one of the first hotels in Paris, Ontario, built circa 1840. The inn was originally known as the Pater Markey Hotel and has a second floor balcony supported by Tuscan columns that leads to what ...
      Building Summary The Old Paris Inn is located at 40 Dundas Street ...
  • Land agreement with Great Western Railroad Company
        This agreement documents Capron's sale of a strip of land to allow the Great Western Railroad Company to run a track on his property. He additionally sold a plot to allow for the construction of a depot, and agreed to construct a wooden fence along the length of this track. ...
      This agreement documents Capron's sale of a strip of land to allow ...
  • Indenture of Water Privilege between Hiram Capron & Hugh Finlayson
        This indenture confers water privileges on the raceway located near William Street. The sellers are listed as Hiram Capron and his wife, Mary Capron, and the buyers as Hugh Finlayson, James Montgomery, and George McVicar, owners of a tannery.
      This indenture confers water privileges on the raceway located near William Street. ...
  • Hiram Capron Day Book Letter H (Account Book, 1833-1841)
        This account book documents all of Capron’s business during the period of March 16, 1833 to April 5, 1841. The bulk of the book contains the names of individuals to whom Capron had paid money or goods for services, or lent money and lists of their transactions with him. It ...
      This account book documents all of Capron’s business during the period of ...
  • Store Ledger, Customer Account Book 1844-1847
        This account book documents the transactions of an early Paris store with its customers, organized by customer name. The exact identity of the store is unknown. While the writing is not his, the store may have belonged to Hiram Capron. The page numbering in this volume appears to be continuing ...
      This account book documents the transactions of an early Paris store with ...
  • Letter from Joseph W. Capron to Horace Capron
        This letter was written by Joseph W. Capron from Attleborough to his relative Horace Capron in Paris. He discusses a variety of things about current events there, including the health of his father Otis Capron.
      This letter was written by Joseph W. Capron from Attleborough to his ...
  • Smith Place
        Summary This property is located in the former South Dumfries Township near the village of Harrisburg. The Clarke Family lived upon the property for 50 years or more. The land was owned by Mullen in the 1840s and he presumably built the original log cabin.6 The house was eventually upgraded ...
      Summary This property is located in the former South Dumfries Township near ...
  • Plan of the Town of Paris, 1847
        PLAN OF THE TOWN OF PARIS In the Townships of DUMFRIES, BRANTFORD DISTRICT of GORE
      PLAN OF THE TOWN OF PARIS In the Townships of DUMFRIES, BRANTFORD ...
  • Land Indenture between Hiram Capron and Robert Fisher, 1845
        This land indenture grants Robert Fisher and James Merchant Fisher a small plot of land located near lot 7 in Paris. A later deed, transferring ownership from Robert to his brother James, is also a part of this collection and is linked to on the right.
      This land indenture grants Robert Fisher and James Merchant Fisher a small ...
  • Mitchell House
        Charles Mitchell House is one of the most noteworthy cobblestone houses in Paris and is considered builder Levi Boughton's best work[1]. Built in the 1840s, it merged the distinctive cobblestone style with Greek Revival architecture[2]. Its evenly-rounded cobblestones are said to have been collected by Mitchell himself, and are arrayed ...
      Charles Mitchell House is one of the most noteworthy cobblestone houses in ...
  • History of the New England School
        From the historical records of the Brant County Board of Education, this is a history of the New England School, located on New England School Rd. (near the corner of McBay Rd. and Big Creek Rd). Scroll down to the Full Text section below to read the account.
      From the historical records of the Brant County Board of Education, this ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit