Grand River Heritage Mines Society Newsletter, July/August/September, 1998
- The Walking Question Mark: Newsletter of the Grand River Heritage Mines Society, Sep 1998
- Media Type
- The Grand River Heritage Mines Society was active from 1993 through 2005 with the goal of identifying and documenting all of the historic mines located within the Grand River valley. These newsletters document their activities, including archaeological digs and research into mine history.
This issue includes an article on geography and gypsum by Joe Clark, an article on gypsum, anhydrite and crystals by Ilse Kraemer, an article on mine shafts and hoisting by Mike O'Byrne, an article on "Memories of Gypsum" by Mary E. Martindale, and notes on a talk given by Earl Gillespie.
These newsletters were provided courtesy of the Grand River Heritage Mines Society. Their book, Herons and Cobblestones, is also available as a part of this collection.
- Date of Publication
- Sep 1998
- Grand River Heritage Mines Society Newsletters
- Language of Item
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses are subject to the terms of a license. Contact the repository for further information. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Grand River Heritage Mines Society
- Recommended Citation
- Grand River Heritage Mines Society Newsletter, July-August-September 1998. (1998). Paris, ON: Grand River Heritage Mines Society. Retrieved from http://images.ourontario.ca/brant/details.asp?ID=81644
- Grand River Heritage Mines SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street