The Work of Our Hands: A History of Mount Pleasant, 1799~1899
- Jaeger, Sharon, Author
- O'Byrne, Delia, Editor
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The Work of Our Hands chronicles the history of the town of Mount Pleasant from its earliest settlements through the end of the 19th century.
In order to have meaning, local history must relate all aspects of a particular community’s development to a larger context. Mount Pleasant stands out as having experienced most of the major social, economic, military and political events in our nation’s early history. Dr. Jaeger skilfully weaves the story of 19th century Mount Pleasant into the fabric of this larger history, at the same time describing how the small pioneer settlement, carved out of the vast Six Nations territory by Joseph Brant, was transformed into an aristocratic village that “charms with its loveliness” centuries later...
- Thompson Printing and Lithographing Limited
- Place of Publication
- Paris, Ontario
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- ISBN 0-9734974-0-8
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.0834 Longitude: -80.31637
- Permission to reproduce this text has been provided by Heritage Mount Pleasant.
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Heritage Mount Pleasant
- Recommended Citation
- Jaeger, Sharon. (2004). "The Work of Our Hands" Mount Pleasant, Ontario, 1799~1899: A History. Paris, ON: Thompson.
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary