Postcard depicting Penman driving across the William St. Bridge, c. early 20th century
- Penman, John, Depicted
- Media Type
- Item Types
- This postcard depicts John Penman and his driver, William Reed, driving a horse cart east across the William St. Bridge, c. 1900 to the General Office. The Grand River St. N. buildings and a store are visible in the background. It was donated to the museum by Jack Rogers.
- Penman owned one of the first cars in Paris, c. 1910; this photograph was most likely taken before then.
Another copy of this photo is available in the collection and is linked to underneath the photograph.
- WILLIAM ST. BRIDGE - PARIS
- Date of Original
- [ca. 1900]
Width: 13.8 cm
Height: 8.7 cm
- Local identifier
- Penmans Employee Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1944062841977 Longitude: -80.3826874494553
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Postcard depicting John Penman, [ca. 1900], Penmans Employee Collection, 1999.4223.126, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON