1812-era Medicinal Flask
- Media Type
- This medicinal flask was likely carried by Canadian or British soldiers in the County of Brant area during the campaign of the War of 1812. It would have held small amounts of medicine to help soldiers counteract the battlefield illnesses that were common during warfare at that time. It originally held Turlington's Balsam, which was an extremely popular and widely-imitated patent medicine sold beginning in 1754.
This artifact was provided for photography by Richard Shaver from his personal collection. It can be seen on display at the Canadian Military Heritage Museum in Brantford.
- Provided by Richard Shaver
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary