Nelles Academy Class Photograph, Mount Pleasant, c. 1893
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This c. 1893 photograph shows the class of the Nelles Academy in Mount Pleasant, c. 1893. It was built c. 1846 and torn down c. 1900. It began as a private school providing classical education and was founded by Dr. William Nelles. The Academy was situated on the same location as the current Mount Pleasant Public School, at 667 Mount Pleasant Rd. This image was printed on page 151 of The Work of Our Hands by Sharon Jaeger, and was provided by Linda Guest.
The unusual octagonal architecture was a brief fad around the 1850s, also demonstrated in the Tennant House that still exists as the Scape Spa.
- The original image is quite dark; an enhanced version is also provided.
- Date of Original
- [ca. 1893]
Width: 25.3 cm
Height: 20.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.0818187318198 Longitude: -80.3125476837158
- Photograph provided by Linda Guest
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary