Paris in 1857. Prepared for the Information of Visitors. To the Provincial Agricultural Exhibition, Held at Brantford, in the County of Brant, C. W.
- Capron, Hiram, Attributed name
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This booklet was written in 1857 in order to impress visitors of the nearby Brantford Provincial Agricultural Exhibition with the positive qualities of Paris. It acts as a tourist guide to Paris and its sights as it existed then, as well as an advertisement of Paris's suitability to business, and explains its economy, politics, and important personages. While no author is listed, it has been attributed to Hiram Capron.
This pamphlet was referenced on pages 14, 26 and 32 of At the Forks of the Grand, Volume I.
- The Paris Star
- Place of Publication
- Paris, Ontario
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- 1999.0393.01.01 - 08
- Hiram Capron Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2 Longitude: -80.38333
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Copyright Date
- Recommended Citation
- Paris in 1857, 1857, Hiram Capron Collection, 1999.0393.01.01 - 08, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON