Send-Off of World War I Volunteers at William & Willow, Paris, 1914
- Unknown, Photographer
- Brown, William A., Editor
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This photograph shows the send-off for Paris's first seven World War I volunteers on August 23, 1914. They are preparing to enter Ford Model-T cars to be taken to Brantford.
The volunteers are: Napoleon Larin, Aylmer Fraser, Sergeant A. E. Cullum, Patrick Fitzpatrick, Ivor Murray, William Mears, Sinclair Knill.
This image was printed on the forty-fourth page of photographs in At the Forks of the Grand: Volume II by D. A. Smith.
- The original matting provides a date of August 23. D.A. Smith provides a date of August 26.
- (On original matting)
Send-off at the corner of William and Willow Streets for seven First World War volunteers, August 23, 1914.
The men were conveyed in Ford cars to Brantford.
The railway tracks are those of the Grand Valley Railway.
- Date of Original
- Aug. 1914
Width: 23.8 cm
Height: 14.1 cm
- Local identifier
- D.A. Smith Photograph Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.194908 Longitude: -80.379427
- Recommended Citation
- Send-Off of World War I Volunteers at William & Willow, Paris, 1914, D.A. Smith Photograph Collection, 1999.1759.01, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON